Let me first start by letting all of you know that I am not the biggest fan of heights. I've always told my hubby that I would never walk on a bridge. I barely like driving on them, but he's always trying to motivate me to conquer my fears, regardless of what they are. He's been slowly but surely coaxing me to walk on the Brooklyn bridge for over a year now. He walks, jogs, bikes on all the bridges leading from Brooklyn to Manhattan often, so to him it really isn't a big deal.
I finally agreed last week to walk on the Brooklyn bridge because it is the shortest bridge out of the three major bridges that lead into the city. We set a date to do it, and today was THE day. If I could conquer my fear and walk the bridge, my hubby promised to take me to one of my favorite restaurants in the city (I knew that even if I didn't, he would have taken me anyway for making the effort (lol)).
I was less than thrilled. My legs were literally shaking each step that I took...

I was sooo nervous right here. You can clearly see the cars behind me. I kept on telling my hubby that I didn't want to stop and rest on the bridge because I felt it would add too much weight (LMAO!!!)


Yayy!!!, I made it to the middle. My legs felt like spaghetti, but I made it!!!
(At least you can tell that I'm wearing deodorant....lol, I knew that I would be sweating buckets. I sweat when I'm nervous).

Top: Wife-Beater tank- Forever21 $28
Bag: COACH

There she is....Lady Liberty!

This was actually in the middle of the bridge. There was a a mini monument telling the history of the bridge.


It's getting dark, but I did it!!! My hubby was sooo proud of me. He asked when could we do it again? I said, once was enough for me lol.

Random people on the bridge

There is always NYPD on the bridge. I guess to help everyone feel safe

Bottom: ZARA cotton Bermuda shorts. $20

Yayyy, thank goodness it's over!!! Now....Time to Eat :-)





The food was sooo good! From the salad with their own special dressing, to the miso soup, to the best Dragon roll that I've had in a while, to my husband's spicy beef inside some sort of nest, to my curried red snapper. I left so full, I felt like I gained 10 lbs just sitting there. It was totally worth me facing my fear of heights :-)
Would I walk the bridge again?......Maybe, but not anytime soon :-)

What is the name of this restaurant?? I am a foodie and the food looks amazing.....
ReplyDeleteYou were so brave to walk across that bridge {I have a fear of heights too}. That food looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou look pretty and classy as usual and I love your hair!
ReplyDelete