Saturday, August 7, 2010

OOTD: Club Chic!!!



Hey ladies, so tonight my hubby and I are on our way to a club. Although we are not really big on clubs, we are going to have lots of fun at one tonight. A friend of ours is celebrating his birthday and decided to host his party at a club in the city.



When I bought this dress, I didn't really have a specific occasion to wear it to. I was a little self conscious about the length, but I figured this would be the perfect occasion to wear it. You can get away with shorter lengths when going to a club. Although it is a bit shorter than most of my other dresses, I still considered it to be tasteful. Tasteful because it didn't show any cleavage or skin besides my legs.


Dress: French Connection Princess Sequin Dress

One of the great features of this dress is the shoulder pads, but my shoulders are a little wider than some divas so I am either going to have to remove them completely or replace them with shoulder pads that are a little wider. I love the silhouette that the shoulder pads helps to create (very 80s rocker), but if the pads are too small you may miss that detail. I didn't have time to do it tonight, but definitely the next time that I wear it it will either have no pads or broader ones.


* Tip- If you are going to wear a really short dress, try to make sure that hardly any skin is showing in other areas. You want to look tasteful and chic, not tasteless and cheap. Try to focus on one feature or body area that you are confident with.




Handbag: COACH Fuchsia Suede  clutch
Shoes: ZARA


I saw this bus stop and just had to take a picture.


Belt: Forever21


I love a bright pop of color with a black and white (silver in this case) outfit
It adds something unexpected.


Have you ever noticed that when you feel good about yourself, you can make every sidewalk a runway? (lol)


Who wouldn't want a picture with Obama? (lol)



Please no more paparazzi for tonight :-)

Check out my OOTD video if you are interested :-)

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about short dresses..I get self conscious of them because my butt is big and what will sit low on a slim girl with no hips won't work with me. Even though I'm slim, my butt does its own thing. I love your dress and how you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics!! Looks like ads in a magazine u r really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ur bloggin style, true fashion blogger (great pics, ootd ect.) but with ur own edge! just like mine!
    check me out:
    http://model-misbehaviour.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pics should be featured in a magazine - they are that well done! sb4l u r beautiful!!!
    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I L.O.V.E your blog!And your outfit is great as usual.Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your pics look fab! you photograph very well! how come your blog has a content warning now? i thought that was odd...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...