Monday, December 19, 2011

Stlye-ized (Blog Edition)- 5 Holiday Inspired Looks :-)

I hope you divas are having a fantastic holiday season so far.

I've gotten some requests to do a holiday Style-ized video as well as a New Year's eve video, well I have some good news and bad news. I actually recorded a Style-ized video inspired by holiday colors and edited the video for a day and a half; the bad news is there were technical difficulties right at the end of the editing process and all the files were lost (needless to say... I was very upset!!!). Hubby did his best to get them back, but some files were retrievable while others were not, so I decided to just scrap the video.

Instead of just scrapping the whole project and allowing the time that I invested into the video to be a complete waist, I decided to at least share the looks right here, so hopefully it will still be somewhat helpful. I'm still going to record a Style-ized New Year's Eve edition video (let's just say a prayer that it all comes together lol :-).

Anyway here are my 5 holiday looks. For me, holiday fashion is inspired by the holiday colors of rich reds, greens, golds, and even cream/ white. All of the outfits below were inspired by these colors. If you are a diva with somewhat of a well rounded wardrobe, I don't necessarily believe that for the holidays you should buy anything specifically for the holiday season (unless you want to), but I think that it is a great time to really exercise your creative muscle for mixing and matching items that you already own.

I find that during the holidays, you can definitely get away with being a bit bolder and braver with color without anyone batting an eye than any other time during year. I say now is the time to bring out anything glitzy, sparkly, and/or bold from the back of your closet and get your moneys worth out of it. If anyone has anything to say, just tell them, "Hey, I'm getting into the holiday spirit...what's your excuse?" lol.




House Party Chic- Great for Holiday house parties... 
Blazer- Necessary Clothing, Red Turtle-neck- H&M, Sequin Skirt- French Connection, Shoes- Christian Louboutin
Cocktail Party Chic- The iridescent green color of this dress, the pleated ruffles around the neck line, and the gold belt accent makes this dress perfect for Holiday Cocktail Parties. 
Dress- Ali Ro, Belt- F21, Shoes- ZARA
Club/Lounge Chic- This green and gold combination screams Happy Holidays in a sexy chic outfit. The mini body con skirt keeps it sexy, while the blazer keeps it sophisticated and chic. 
Blazer- ZARA, Skirt- Necessary Clothing, Belt- H&M, Shoes- YSL Tribtoo
Dinner with Friends & Family/ Office Christmas Party- This combination is great for family dinners/ office Christmas Parties over the holiday season where you may want to be a bit more conservative (but chic) while still encompassing the spirit of the holidays with the classic holiday colors of red, green, & gold.
Blazer- H&M, Turtleneck Blouse- ZARA, Trousers- ZARA, Shoes- Christian Louboutin 
Black Tie Christmas- This goes to show you that you don't have to wear any of the classic holiday colors to get into the holiday spirit; even a little black dress can have you feeling holly jolly ( just make sure to add shiny accessories in gold or silver to incorporate a little holiday glam :-)

make moving gif
Dress- Asos, Belt- H&M, Shoes- Christian Louboutin

cam to gif

The Round Up- 5 Holiday Inspired Looks :-)

Do you think that the holiday season is a great time to mix and match what you already own or do you purchase new items specifically for the holiday season? Why or why not?

15 comments:

  1. Wow........I would LOVE to play in your closet for a day! I really like this post, extremely helpful ;) Thanks girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of the outfits but the black dress is my number 1 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! The green and gold (Club chic) look is my fav. <3 the pantyhose with the black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the looks. I'm a holiday junkie.


    FYI: I LOVE the closet!! Especially the shoe area. Nice work girl.



    xoxo; http://itscg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them are HOT!

    XX
    josie
    www.straightnochase.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woman, you have some serious style! I would rock each one of these, although the style with the red pants is my favorite. I'm a little conscious about the minis and body cons. I have a donkey (lol) and I don't want it to come off as too tasteless, ya know? I'd maybe opt for something knee length... Anyhoo...on you it looks fab hun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the drawn-in Santa hat in the first pic! How cute! I bet hubby did that huh? LOL. Merry Christmas, diva!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like all the looks...love how you put stuff together

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the outfits are hot but I love the one with the LBD the most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favs are the Black Tie Christmas & House Party Chic. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Are u wearing a lace or weaves???!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love all of the looks! You are right - Holidays are excuses to go BOLD!

    Happy Holidays

    Mally
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love ALL of these looks, but my fav is the one with the red pants and the green shirt!
    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. the green blazer and gold skirt! Yes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...